If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, and you aren’t sure what to do next, you may receive a free Early Pregnancy Evaluation with our Nurse Practitioner. This service includes, as indicated:
- An assessment of your medical history
- Physical examination, including pelvic exam
- Lab testing
- Decision making education regarding all options available
You deserve to have all the medical information you need to make a confident decision. In addition to confirming a viable pregnancy and estimating the gestational age of the fetus, our team of medical professionals can help you identify contraindications to abortion methods and potential risk factors for complications.
The following services may be performed based on the results of medical assessment, availability, and/or physical examination:
- Pregnancy testing and limited obstetric ultrasound – Even if you have taken a home pregnancy test, it is important to have a diagnosis from a medical professional. A lab-quality, urine-based pregnancy test will be offered to you free of charge followed by a limited OB ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy, give you an estimated gestational age and location of the pregnancy.
- STI screening and testing – STIs testing is an important part of early pregnancy evaluations to help you identify potential risks to your health and the health of your partner and/or pregnancy.
- Hemoglobin and hematocrit (H&H) testing – H&H testing is performed to evaluate your blood count. Those with results outside normal ranges may be at higher risk of excessive bleeding or may need additional medical attention for diagnosis of disorders such as anemia. If results are found to be outside of normal limits, we will be able to provide a referral for further evaluation and care.
- Cervical cancer screening with pelvic exam – Cervical cancer is often the result of a sexually transmitted virus called HPV (human papillomavirus). Screening for cancer with a PAP test and an examination of the external genitalia, cervix and vaginal canal for abnormalities, foreign bodies or signs of infection can identify potential risks to your health and the health of your pregnancy
Connect Medical Clinic does not refer or perform abortions, but you will have one on one time with a registered nurse or our Nurse Practitioner to reflect on the benefits and risks of each of your pregnancy options with the help of a linear decision-making tool. We will help you consider your situation, values, and goals, hold space for you and provide a safe place to make a confident decision.